It’s been a hot minute since I’ve shared some sites, brands and general bits and bobs that I have been loving. I think the last time we were here was last November (?!) – madness. Obviously since then I have found some absolutely stunners doing amazing work, some videos that I could watch again and again, and brands & initiatives kicking it out the park… we better get into it before I burst with excitement.
- itsrooper‘s Roop furoshiki bags are like works of art. Hand crafted from remnant and vintage pieces of fabric, not only are they green but each one is one of a kind. Grab yours quick, unsurprisingly they sell like hotcakes!
- Unicef’s Inspired Gifts initiative is no new thing, but it is always worth the reminder that instead of buying someone a gift they don’t even need, you could buy them so much more. From a kit to protect a healthworker and live-saving vaccine packs, to keep fit kits and story books for the people around the world who need it most – now that doesn’t sound like a bad gift to me.
- One of my favourite things to listen to at the moment is Harry Potter at Home on Spotify. It is essentially a Harry Potter audiobook, but specially read by actors and famous voices from Harry Potter on screen and stage, and also some special guests. They are up to chapter 11 of Harry Potter & The Philosopher’s Stone so far and I am living for it!
- Mary Benson’s clothing brand ‘MARY‘ is so dreamy, made (again) of remnant fabric and worn by the likes of Florence & The Machine + all our favourite bloggers. Perhaps the ultimate look for when we are allowed to go out again? Why not go all out.
- My current read is one I totally recommend by Martin Gayford, Modernists & Mavericks: Bacon, Freud, Hockney & The London Painters. Tracking London’s art scene from WWII to the 1970s, this is a must read for any art lover – it’s crazy engaging!
- Hand & Palm sell the brightest prints, full of fun slogans and bright colours. I’d like one of each – imagine a wall of these beauties. My personal favourites? Power Flower and Fresh Socks!
- On Youtube I have been loving a couple of channels, which will probably be no surprise to you but I thought I’d just remind you incase you’ve watched the whole of Netflix by now! 1. Brittany Bathgate, 2. Lizzy Hadfield, 3. The Anna Edit
- My gorgeous friend James Grace released two stunning original songs, which you can watch on the PureGold Festival website. He’s one to watch, so get onto it now so you can claim to be an OG fan!
Some Instagram accounts you will absolutely love:
- @emsladedmonson – the bubbliest advocate for sustainable fashion, her feed is full of colourful joy.
- @cornishvintage – the perfect collection of vibrant vintage, with new items for sale almost every day. Be quick though, they sell fast! Plus Carol is the nicest there is!
- @quotesbychristie – you are no doubt following this lovely graphic designer and quote lover already, but prepare for the ultimate boost every time she posts.
What have you been into recently, have you got any great new discoveries?