Whether you are a bit short of money and time or just want to make your Christmas presents extra personal this year, DIY presents are the way to go. They can be a good way to show the person you are making them for that you really know them and that you are willing to take time to make their Christmas extra special. Often people appreciate these sort of gifts more than shop bought ones because it can be argued that more thought has gone into them. Here are 10 ideas to get you started with your DIY Christmas…
1. Print a picture of someone’s favourite piece of art, someone they look up to or the lyrics of their favourite song and put it in a frame. You can buy cheap frames from Ikea or Tiger.
2. Bake some cookies, biscuits or cupcakes & print a box/bag to put them in here.
3. Recover an old notebook with pictures of all the recipients favourite things collage style.
4. Get an old piece of furniture from the charity shop and renovate it, it is amazing what a lick of paint can do.
5. Frame your favourite picture of you and whoever the gift is for.
6. Buy a clear phone case and glue some pressed flowers or pictures into it.
7. Put all the dry ingredients for a recipe in a jar and add a tag that says, for example, to just add a certain amount of milk or egg
8. Make your own paper mache snowman head and fill it with chocolates and sweets, great for small children.
9. Get some candy canes and chocolate bars and make yourself a candy sleigh, these are just so cool.
10. Make some Peppermint Creams, they are so easy to make and only take about 20 minutes. Not only that but they look so cute when all stacked up together. Find the recipe here.
Love Holly x